As you may have seen on my last post, I’ve been having a lot of fun painting some very bright dogs! None of them are exactly true to their reference pics as all I really wanted was to get the features somewhat correct. (Unless of course I’ve highly exaggerated them on purpose),
My latest one I’m calling “George”. All of these are produced by using dozens and dozens of layers, overlays, screens and any other Painter 12 tool I stumble upon.
I really liked George’s face – that sad look that all Basset Hounds have even when they are incredibly happy.
After I finished with the bright version I thought I would do another that was a bit more natural looking although I took quite a bit of artistic licence with his colouring. All I did was start off with some overlays to bring down the bright colours, then started painting, adding and removing things as I went along.
Below then is the funky bright portrait, followed by the more natural look. The funky one is now up on Zazzle, and the other is being uploaded and should show up in a day or two if you’re interested.